Resolve to Save Lives is an initiative of Vital Strategies with a mission to prevent 100 million deaths from heart disease and to make the world safer from epidemics. We are led by Dr. Tom Frieden, former director of the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Our focus is maximizing our global impact with speed, simplicity, and scale.
Read more about our work at resolvetosavelives.org.
About our work
Our team develops an ultra-lightweight data recording and visualization tool called Simple that is used by thousands of healthcare workers in India, Bangladesh, and Ethiopia to manage 800,000+ patients with hypertension and diabetes. We're also piloting software for hypertension control in Nigeria.
Simple is software that saves lives. Our Android app is used by nurses and healthcare workers in thousands of clinics every day, recording basic patient details, blood pressures, and medications. It enables doctors to track patient treatment over time and remind patients to return for care, both critical elements for controlling high blood pressures. Our app is designed offline-first, allowing it to function quickly and reliably in environments with limited network access.
We also provide a web dashboard to healthcare workers and public health experts, enabling them to see where and how people are getting healthier. This dashboard is vital to helping improve blood pressure control rates across large populations, but also includes detailed information to help improve individual clinics.
About the role
We're looking for qualified candidates for the position of Technical Project Manager. This person will help to coordinate the development and deployment of flexible and powerful software for public health.
This role will require project management skills to support software development, rollout and constant improvement and close partner management with key stakeholders including, the World Health Organization, government partners, and field staff who work in health facilities. This is our first formal project manager on this project, so you will be formalizing informal processes, bringing rigor to scheduling and ticketing, and taking significant ownership over processes. We are looking for someone who is excited to bring their skills to a project that has the potential to save many lives and requires constant learning and adaptation as we grow.
This is a full-time role reporting to our Director of Engineering.
- Translate team goals and priorities into concrete operational plans
- Gather project requirements and technical scope
- Monitor information flow throughout the team, help leadership understand where the gaps are, suggest and execute fixes
- Facilitate project retrospectives to collect feedback, draw out lessons learned, and document best practices
- Document plans and processes to establish consistency and ensure project deliverables are completed on-time
- Track projects, timelines and commitments on internal projects and deliverables
- Provide partners and users with regular, intuitive updates on new features, app improvements, and bug fixes
- Ensure production issues are triaged, prioritized, and fixed
- Optional: If you are interested, there is room to work on product requirement documents, and contribute to the product management of Simple, on top of project management.
We are seeking an experienced candidate who is ready to do work that matters. The ideal candidate embraces learning about our challenges, has managed production software projects at scale, and can work effectively with our entirely remote team.
We’re keen to find someone for whom these challenges look familiar. We don’t want someone focused on a particular framework or dogma, but instead someone who understands the balance between structure, agility, and quality. Critically, we also want someone who is curious, writes and communicates well, anticipates user needs from a human level, and always looks to keep things simple and iterate. We’re looking for someone who can self-manage, plans their time wisely, and delivers straightforward solutions to vague problems.
Required experiences, skills, and abilities
- At least 5 years of experience with user-facing software product teams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English, especially the ability to present clear, concise updates and ideas
- A track record of delivering software product features, working with design and development teams from kick off to launch
- The ability to take the lead, think critically, and solve problems that aren’t always clearly defined
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- A responsive, empathetic, team-driven mindset
- Self-motivation and the drive to provide value for users every day
- Ability to work across different partners, with varying work styles and communication approaches
- Flexible, collaborative work style yet capable of working independently
We try hard to be a team full of empathy, inclusion, and respect. We trust each other, have hard conversations with open mindedness, and assume positive intent. We document as much as possible, work as asynchronously as possible, and meet via video conference when necessary. Proposing ideas and trying new things are paramount; always being right is not. We are frequently wrong and try to write code that we don’t mind deleting when we learn new things. We’re excited for you to participate and look forward to helping you grow your own skills as well.
Given that we’re writing software for the globe, it’s critical that our team represent the diverse environments in which we operate. We strive for an inclusive, diverse team with different perspectives, ideas, and identities.
We believe our programs are strengthened when they are developed and supported by individuals with diverse life experiences, whose understanding of social and cultural issues can help make our work and workforce more inclusive. We encourage people of all racial, economic, social, cultural, sexual orientation, and gender expressions to apply.
This is a remote position, with candidates ideally located in Nigeria (where we also have offices). Our team spans the US east coast (EST) and India (IST) time zones, and this role will have regular daily communication with both. You also must have reliable, consistent access to a network for frequent online collaboration.
How to apply?
Please take the time to describe yourself and why you’ll be a great fit for this project. We encourage people of under-represented backgrounds to apply even if you took an unconventional path to become a developer.👉 Submit your application here…
Please ask questions by direct messaging me on Twitter @timcheadle